Monday, June 10, 2013

6.8.13 NC State Meet

Squats: 182.5 - 192.5(PR) - 200(PR)
Bench: 142.5 - 152.5(f) -152.5(f)
Deadlift: 225 - 235(f) - 235(f)

NC State Meet on 6.8.13, 220# class.  1248.5 total

My first meet was quite the experience.  I ended up winning the 220# class, not because my own performance, but because the class being relatively weak.  I would not have won 165, 181, or 198 with my total, but a win is a win.  Next meet I need to eat much more next time, I felt dead by deadlifts and going 2/6 on bench and deadlifts is unacceptable.  I think that my jump was too large on bench and that I probably started too heavy on deadlifts and took too big a jump.  A handler would be nice to watch my speed and help determine my next attempt.  Next time I think small jumps on the bench and a lower starting dead weight is a must...I should never be worrying about getting a total going into deads.  I knew I had won my weight class after bench, but was still a little uneasy about 496 on deadlifts after my hamstring had cramped badly on my second attempt bench.  

Live and learn. 

My next meet is the SC State meet in December.  I am not exactly sure what my goals are for that, but I would like to make 198#.  I think the state record squat (462#) is within grasp and I would like to total at least 1320 (600 kg) which I think is more than doable.  








Stroup in Action

No comments:

Post a Comment