Thursday, January 2, 2014

1.1.14

Rest Day.

In 2014 I plan on following the same lifting format that I did in 2013.  As far as meets I am not sure what will be done after the Battle in March.  I would like to do the NC meet again, but with a wedding and a honeymoon in between that will cut the 3 months in between even shorter.  I may try to find a meet somewhere close around August-September and then do the SC state meet again in December.  In addition to the lifting I have thought of a few more goals that I would like to hit in 2014.

I plan on conditioning at least 4 times a week, the weeks will be begin on Monday (so I can make up over the weekend if needed), the only exceptions to this will be the week before lifting meets and the honeymoon (but enough hiking will be done to make up for it).  This conditioning will consist of sprints, running, rowing, swimming, and hopefully some prowler work.  When paired with my strength training I am hoping this will help my lean up a little.

To better my mind I plan on reading 2 books a month (I will try to post them here) with at least 1 being non-fiction.  I am also going to try for one a month to be training oriented, be it diet, programming, etc.

Lastly, I want to get better about spending a little more time on this blog and the Steele Structured Fitness blog.  I would like to get better at writing down my M/F/S/T and RPE to help me track everything.  I also want to track my extrapolated PRs (using the Big Lifts equation) and graph them over the year.

For now that is all I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment