Thursday, July 18, 2013

7.17.13

C7W2 3-3-3+

Deads:  380 - 425 - 480 (3RM PR, RPE 8)


Deads felt really good, usually the 3s are my hardest.  I think carb backloading last night and taking an extra breath or two between reps is what really helped.  I have nearly blacked out on my last few 3RMs.


RDLs:
3x5 @242
2x10@ 155

Took the RDLs slower this week at a lower weight.

Pull-ups: 15-10-9-8-8
Supersetted with 10 tire flips each set.

M/F/S/T : 5/2/2/4

I am going to start putting my Mood/Fatigue/Soreness/Tightness on my blog in regards to how I feel at the start of training to allow me to track my progress more.  It will be on a scale from 1-10 with 1/1/1 meaning I feel awesome and 10/10/10 meaning I feel like complete shit.  I will also start listing my RPE (rate of perceived exertion) on my heavy lifts.


10-Point RPE Scale for Strength Training

Rating

Definition

10
Lifting to concentric failure under the conditions of an extreme level of physiological excitement (usually only possible during a competition setting). The last rep will probably move very slowly and take up to 5 seconds.

9
Pushing to concentric failure where the last rep duration is much longer than other reps and form may degrade slightly.

8
Pushing to just short of concentric failure. The last rep may slow just a little but form should remain similar from the first rep to the last. If pushing to failure you would be able to do 1 or possibly 2 more repetitions.

7
Leaving 2-3 reps in reserve after completing the final rep. The last rep is still easy and is not very taxing.

6
More of a recovery training level. Could do several more reps if desired.

5-1
Warm-up level of exertion. Should only serve to prepare you for more intense exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment